When I say “salmon”, you say…? Hello? You’re supposed to say, “Yummy! Yes, please!” What about when I say “super delicious baked garlic butter salmon”? [slurping] Yep, that sounds about right. What I have here for you today is not just a really easy salmon recipe that will take almost no time to whip up, but also a meal that will leave you feeling like you’ve swallowed Wonderland! Yes, that good!
Hold On A Second
Before we get our hands stuck in the process, let’s see why salmon is such a perfect choice for your next meal. It’s helluva healthy! It’s oozing with omega-3 fatty acids which are known to improve and maintain your heart’s condition. Neeext! Protein. Lots and lots of lean protein which we all need, especially if you’re trying to get into shape. We’re talking about vitamin B, potassium and selenium. There’s lots more to talk about but my mouth is watering and I’d love to get cooking. Shall we?
What You Need:
1x large salmon fillet
Ground black pepper
2x lemons, thinly sliced
6x tablespoons butter, melted
2x tablespoons honey
3x garlic cloves, minced
1x teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
1x teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
What You Need To Do:
– Preheat your oven to 350°.
– Grease a large foil pan with a baking sheet, use oil or a cooking spray. Evenly lay down lemon slices across the pan.
– Generously season your salmon with salt and pepper, then place the fish skin down in the pan and place a few lemon slices on top.
– Get a small bowl and whisk your butter, honey, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Carefully pour the mixture over the salmon and place it in the oven.
– Leave the fish uncovered for 25 minutes, then turn the oven to ‘broil’ for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture has become thicker.
– Serve immediately after sprinkling fresh parsley over the salmon.
Folks, that’s how it’s done!